Michal has been a supporter of and dancer for BaM since our inception; we love her energy and passion for creative expression. We had a chance to ask Mikkey about some her dance history:
1. Full Name: Michal Renee Carlock
2. How long have you been dancing? I started dancing at 3 @ Zoise Baer dance studio in Charleroi, PA. It was more like flailing then, but after I got the basics down in jazz, tap, and ballet, I fell in love once I was introduced to hip hop and even began teaching it at age 14.
3. Favorite dance style/genre? Hip hop duhhhhh :)
4. Why do you dance? I'm a creative person in general. I love expressing myself in a way you can literally do anything you want, legit. Dance has no bounds or limitations and you can do so many things inspired by YOU with it.
5. What do you do when you're not dancing (occupation/other hobbies)? So when I'm not working 12 hour night shifts as a Respiratory Therapist, I'm working on myself creatively in other ways, thinking up ideas of content for all my social media sites. This includes the basics, my website content and my new fave, my newly started Youtube channel! You should Ch ch ch check it out lol.
6. If you could go on tour with any artist as a backup dancer, who would it be? Omg How I'd love for Trey Songz or Usher to hire me full time lol. Can you even think of what it'd be like to tour with Missy Elliot? Seriously, that'd be a dream come true so...uh... guess my answer is Cant. Choose. One. -__-
7. Words to live (and dance) by? My favorite quote I literally plaster everywhere including a frame in my bedroom & my website is "She was poetry in a world still learning the alphabet." This reminds me to stay original, work hard to stand out & better myself, but also not to worry if people don't understand my direction/vision. You gotta do what makes you happy, and people will either support you or not. That's just life. :)
8. Your handle/other contact info?
•Snapchat : MikkeyCarlock
My 2am Choreography @Feel the Rhythm Dance Studio