July 2018 #BaMFaM Spotlight: Alea Maya Lewis
With her unique spirit and obvious talent, Alea entered our world with a need to hip hop dance! Our relationship started through a mutual friend but took off quickly, with Alea super excited for weekly music choices and passionate about our vision. She is always first to compliment our choreography and her overall presence makes her such a welcome NEW member of the BaMFaM!!
1. Full Name: Alea Maya Lewis
2. How long have you been dancing? 24 years
3. Favorite dance style/genre? Dancehall
4. Why do you dance? Dancing brings me joy, happiness, and total peace. I get to use my body as art; bringing a unique motion to every rhythm and beat.
5. What do you do when you're not dancing (occupation/other hobbies)? Scan guts, read books, or watch a horror movie
6. If you could go on tour with any artist as a backup dancer, who would it be? Miss E. Misdemeanor Elliott
7. Words to live (and dance) by? "The world is your catwalk. So just remember this when you're out there." - RuPaul
8. Your handle/other contact info? Twitter: @A_L_3_A, Instagram: @A_L_3_A, Youtube Channel: A_L_3_A