With her amazing personality and contagious optimism, we are truly humbled to have Jess Ann as one of our new BaMFaM members! Jess joined us for a drop-in class last year and ever since, had expressed her interest in our journey, cheering us on at every turn. We finally got the chance to have her join in our latest collaboration video and her presence on set was invaluable. Not only is her talent apparent, but the way she encouraged other dancers and praised our initiative was unforgettable. Thank you so much Jess - and we hope this is a first of many <3
1. Full Name: Jessica Ann Sutton (Jess Ann)
2. How long have you been dancing? I took my first dance class at age 3…I don’t really remember it but I’ve been it somewhere, at some point, since.
3. Favorite dance style/genre? Modern/Contemporary/Hip Hop
4. Why do you dance? I dance when the music is good, to be fully present in my body, make shapes, express, release and move stagnant energy, make art, and feel alive in my body…to name a few.
5. What do you do when you're not dancing (occupation/other hobbies)? When I’m not dancing, I am teaching dance, practicing yoga, being a college student, working on the production of my music, and hanging out with the amazing people I get to call friends and family.
6. If you could go on tour with any artist as a backup dancer, who would it be? BANKS. <3 <3 <3
7. Words to live (and dance) by? ”Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard” - Anne Sexton
8. Your handle/other contact info? IG: @jessicarocksduhh; facebook.com/@jessannrocksduh; www.soundcloud.com/island_noun