A powerhouse of talent (especially DANCE), Amanda came into our lives in 2 different ways - with a shared interest in learning from top choreographers at the Vibez Workshop in Pittsburgh AND through our previous teaching studio PK's Studio of Dance, where she currently teaches hip hop! Instantly, we knew she would be a great fit for the #BaMFaM and we were lucky enough to get her on board with our latest collaboration video. Amanda has the performer gene - always dancing with a smile! We hope to continue to work together on our dance adventures!
1. Full Name: Amanda Montemayor
2. How long have you been dancing? I've been dancing since I was 7 years old.
3. Favorite dance style/genre? Hip-hop and ballet
4. Why do you dance? I dance because it's a stress reliever and extremely cathartic for the mind. There is nothing else that makes me feel so engaged with myself and other people. I love how it brings people together and the positive and accepting environment it fosters. :)
5. What do you do when you're not dancing (occupation/other hobbies)? Currently, I'm in Pitt's Doctor of Physical Therapy graduate program and working as an intern at a physical therapy clinic. When I'm not busy with academia, I love to travel and explore new cities.
6. If you could go on tour with any artist as a backup dancer, who would it be? I think dancing with Beyonce would be unbelievable.
7. Words to live (and dance) by? "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
8. Your handle/other contact info? @amanda_montemayor