May 2022: #BaMFaM Spotlight: Natalie Cellini
A Jane of all genres, Natalie entered our world with a ballroom, ballet, and contemporary background. She instantly was a glowing presence in our weekly classes and became a wonderful friend. Natalie's debut #BaMFaM production will be released soon - we are so excited to have her on board!
1. Full Name: Natalie Cellini
2. How long have you been dancing? Since I was 3 year old so 39 years!!!
3. Favorite dance style/genre? Ballet, Contemporary, Salsa, Bachatta, Hip Hop. I love them all equally the same. 4. Why do you dance? I dance because it’s my freedom, my creative outlet, my place where there rest of my life is on pause and I can just be me. It has given me confidence, taught me discipline and allowed me to experience pure joy. Dance allows me to physically portray different aspects of my personality by movement. I can be graceful, strong, emotional, playful, sassy, sexy or a bad ass bitch.
5. What do you do when you're not dancing (occupation/other hobbies)? When I am not dancing I enjoy spending time in nature and gardening, cooking and drinking wine in my kitchen, or binge watching crime shows on my couch.
6. If you could go on tour with any artist as a backup dancer, who would it be? I would have to go back in time because it would be Michael or Janet Jackson or Paula Abdul.
7. Words to live (and dance) by? “I do not try to dance better then anyone else. I only try to dance better then myself.”
“Comparison is the thief of joy”