5 Ways to Immediately Relax
Ever have those moments where you can feel the heat rising? Perhaps it causes you to clench your jaw or scream or cry. Here are 5 ways to quickly calm down in the moment:
1. Walk away. A change of scenery or removing yourself from a situation can create some necessary space and quickly extinguish stress.
2. Deep breathe. Inhale for the count of 4 and exhale for the count of 4. Visualize a box as you fill your belly and then blow out the candles.
3. Spend time in nature. Go outside your office or home or if weather doesn't permit, sit near a window. Even a quick minute in nature can lessen frustrations.
4. Human squeeze ball. Squeeze your body from top to bottom: eyes, jaw, hands, toes. Hold for 5 seconds and release. This simple act can reduce the flames and recharge.
5. Jump up & down. Moving the body quickly and intensely can force the extra energy out, allowing you to relax easier afterwards.