October 2021: #BaMFaM Spotlight: Rickia Davenport
Kia is a force within the Pittsburgh dance community. With her creativity, engagement, and talent, she is such an invaluable member of the #BaMFaM. Check out @rickia_lynn and her many classes all over the city!
1. Full Name: Rickia Lynn Davenport
2. How long have you been dancing? Since the age of 5!
3. Favorite dance style/genre? Contemporary and hip hop
4. Why do you dance? To relieve stress, express thoughts that words cannot and for the love of creating art.
5. What do you do when you're not dancing (occupation/other hobbies)? I am working on writing a book, trying new cooking recipes, and mentoring the youth.
6. If you could go on tour with any artist as a backup dancer, who would it be? Teyana Taylor! She’s strong, independent and would push for nothing but greatness.
7. Words to live (and dance) by? “Can’t is not a word”, “It doesn’t matter how high your leg is as long as your feet are pointed”, and “Natural light brings out the best in everything.”
8. Your handle/other contact info? IG: @rickia_lynn Facebook: Rickia Davenport Email: Jamout1216@gmail.com